Microsoft Access has a dedicated field designed for captions. Adding captions to field can help you better understand your database’s content and design. Here is the instruction to tell you how to specify a caption in Access.
In a Table
1. Click the “Design” to enter the Design view. You could use this to modify the structure and edit the properties of a table.
2. Click the field for which you want to specify a caption. Click the field, and then Access will display the Field Properties pane which provides you with a list of editable details about the selected field.
3. Click the “Caption” box and specify your desired caption for the field.
In a Form
1. Press “F11” to load the Navigation pane.
2. Right-click and select “Layout View” to set your form to Layout view.
3. Right-click and select “Form Properties” to load the Property Sheet task pane.
4. Click the “All” tab, click the “Caption” property and enter your caption.