Computers play important roles in life today. People all over the world use computers for everything. As time goes on, we found our computer become slow but have no idea on how to make it fast. Now I will show some useful tips to keep computers clean and running faster.
- Clean the desktop. Remove shortcuts and icons that are no longer use from the desktop
- Only install software that you need to have running on your system. Having software on your computer that you don’t actually need only increases the amount of used disk space on the said drive, whether it be your operating system drive or a secondary or external drive.
- Uninstall unused programs. Removing or uninstalling some unused programs can free up much spaces in hard disk drive. In Control Panel, use Add or Remove function to uninstall the unused applications completely. Or you can download a freeware program called Revo Uninstaller, which you can download for free.
- Install an efficient antivirus program. Virus can harm the computer and make computer in poor performance. These virus may copy and download many malicious files on your disk. The efficient anti-virus program can help block and remove virus on the computer. Even if you don’t want to pay for security software, there’s no excuse not to download a free Anti-Virus program such as AVG or Avast.
- Clean up corrupt registry entries. When you install or uninstall programs, the registry files are created or modified. The registry file should be removed automatically but some software developer won’t add necessary code to delete the registry files. The registry entris will be more and more if you don’t clean them. If you are not an expert on computer, you are recommended to install software to clean up registry entries. For registry cleaning, we do not recommend a manual removal, since any improper deletion of registry entries may result in severe computer problems. we advise you to use some cleaner tool, such as Glary Utilities or CCleaner help you clean them. Learn more here. Or you can click the Download button below to get one for free.
To get a music CD transferred over to your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, you’ll have to import it into iTunes first. Here’s how to transfer specific songs or all songs from a CD.
- Open iTunes and insert the CD that you wish to import into the disc drive.
- You might get a prompt to import the CD. If you want to import every song on the disc, select “Yes” and skip to Step 5. If you only want to import specific songs from the CD, select “No“.
- Select the CD icon located at the upper-left area of the screen.
- Check the items you wish to import to iTunes, then select “Import CD“.
- Select your preferences for the import. You can use the AAC Encoder, MP3 or other. Select “OK” once you’re done with your selections.
- If your music library already contains tracks from the album you are importing, you will receive a prompt to overwrite them. Choose to “Replace Existing” or “Don’t Replace” as desired.
- Wait while the music is ripped to your iTunes library.
- Once the import is complete, attach your Apple device to the computer.
- Select the “Music” option at the upper-left portion of the screen to display all songs in your iTunes library.
- You can now drag the songs you imported to the leftside of the iTunes window where a pane will appear containing the music on your device. Drop it right on your iPhone, iPod or other device.
- Eject your Apple device when it’s done transferring the songs and enjoy.
Some older music CDs may actually be protected with DRM. You will need to use third-party software that allows access to import a disc like this. In some countries, there is some debate as to whether it is legal or not to use software to copy music off a DRM protected CD. Be sure you are following all applicable laws in your area if you attempt to do this.
If you don’t install a good antivirus software on your computer, you will eventually experience frustrating, time-consuming and expensive issues. That is a guarantee. Unfortunately, some computer owners overlook the importance antivirus software, and end up with computer problems that could have been avoided.
Now I will introduce you several useful and easy-to-use free antivirus programs. They can help your computer work better.
Avast Free Antivirus
The only antivirus with a fully customizable installer and selection of user preference components.
- Extremely light on the system with a modern and clean UI
- The only antivirus with a fully customizable installer, selection of user preference components
- Works best in hardened or lock-down mode, which blocks all unknown programs (medium-expert users only)
- Top notch detection capability, many secondary components to offer variety to a wholesome software
- Excellent malicious URL blocking, network protection, outdated software checking, integrated password manager, and comes with a rescue disk.
- Deep screen technology that includes Sandbox and Safe machine components for protection
A free antivirus with high quality signatures, very fast updates and less false positives.
- Pretty light on the system and runs smooth without system slow-downs
- Clean ad-free GUI, Ad-free installer, No pop-ups or ads
- High quality signatures, very fast updates, excellent detection on non-zero day threats
- Deep file scans with very less false positives
- Avira Protection Cloud makes for an excellent cloud engine
- Browser safety Add-ons available for major browsers
360 Total Security
This free antivirus is better than most commercial ones.
- Totally free, light on resources, extremely fast scan times and pre-configuration protection modes
- Smooth running installer with no adware, pleasing UI and comes with many themes
- Fast updates/fixes and excellent customer service with immediate replies
- Great signatures with multiple engines and in-house cloud protection
- Web protection addon, browsing locking, webcam, sandbox and usb protection modules
- Online shopping protection, malicious URL protection and network threat blocking
- Includes Glasswire Firewall and Windows patch-up components
- Great detection rates, with very high zero day protection
Comodo Internet Security
Provides a multi-layered protection scheme with HIPS, sandbox, antivirus and firewall.
- Feature-rich with lots of options for customization along with setting tolerance against prompts
- Tweaked settings gives the best 0-day protection among the pack
- Multi-layered protection scheme with HIPS, Sandbox, Antivirus and Firewall
- Industry grade firewall with options for learning and behavioural blocker
- Low on resources with various graphical skins available and a clean user interface
A quality software client designed to provide you with the ultimate in Virus detection and protection capabilities.
- Fast hyper scans, detect and remove stubborn malware, against potential danger.
- Automatic updates provides real-time protection so that your PC is always up to date and secure.
- Aimed at the process, the protection can ensure the safe operation of your computer.
- Provides comprehensive protection against all types of threats, secures your data, protects your privacy and ensures your PC remains virus-free.