The cache in any web browser stores data such as images, scripts, videos, and other similar parts of the websites to improve its loading speed and enhance your browsing experience, the next time you visit the same website. Though, clearing the cache on Firefox and other browsers becomes important to troubleshoot problems with browser’s overall loading speed, or similar issues.
Delete Mozilla Firefox Cache
Follow the steps below to manually clear the browser cache anytime you encounter any browsing issue or otherwise:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser on your computer.
- Click on the Menu button (indicated as three horizontal lines) at the top right corner.
- Select Options from the list that opens.
- Then, locate and choose Privacy & Security from the left-side panel.
- Scroll down until you see Cookies and Site Data. Click on Clear Data.
- You’ll get a dialog box prompt, check-mark Cached Web Content and click.
Automatically Clear The Firefox Cache
Well, as we already explained, you can tweak Firefox settings to automatically clear cache as soon as you close Firefox browser. To automate the process, follow these steps:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser app on your computer.
- Click on the Menu button and go to Options.
- Under Privacy & Security tab, locate History
- You’ll see an option that says ‘Firefox will’ with a drop-down menu box. Choose Use custom settings for history.
- When you choose custom settings from the drop down, you will see a list of options with adjacent checkboxes. Check mark the checkbox ahead to Clear history when Firefox closes.
- Click on Settings, located beside the ‘clear history when Firefox closes’ section.
- In the settings menu, check mark the box beside Cache, and click.
- Close Firefox browser, and your settings will be saved.
Bonus Tip: Clear Firefox Cache Using Library Section
Apart from the ways explained above, there is one more way to delete Firefox cache i.e. using Mozilla Firefox Library. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Firefox app on your computer.
- Go to the Library section from the Firefox Menu (three horizontal lines icon) at the top-right corner, and click on History.
- Click on Clear Recent History.
- On the next screen, next to Time range to clear, choose Everything from the drop-down menu. Next, checkmark everything along with Cache and click OK.
It will delete everything and the action cannot be undone. This is also a warning given by the browser itself (shown with an attention sign in the image above). The Firefox cache is now deleted.