There are many steps involved when you want to modify the windows 10 taskbar. Windows 10 has given us lots of options to personalize the computer. One such option is to change the taskbar color and task transparency. By doing this, we can change the appearance of the computer as per our wish.
1. Use system settings to turn on transparency
Steps to turn on transparency from system settings:
- Right-click on space on the desktop and choose “Personalization”
- Choose the “Colors” tab and then scroll down to the option “Transparency effects” turn it on. It will enable transparency effects on your computer.
2. Tweak transparency by using the registry editor
Steps to change transparency by using the registry editor: –
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R key> type Regedit> Press OK
- Now navigate to
- In space right click and select New> DWORD (32-bit)
- Name the new value UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency
- Now right click on value just created and click on Modify
- Change the value from 0 to 1 and click Ok
- Now refresh transparency settings by right-clicking on the desktop and select Personalization> Color> Transparency effects. Then switch off the transparency and again turn it on. You will be now able to see the new changes made by Registry tweak.
3. Change transparency by using third party apps
Classic Shell is the best third-party tool to personalize a taskbar.
- Download, install and run Classic Shell
Download link- http://www.classicshell.net/
- Once it is installed, then open it and select Windows 10 Settings tab from the header menu
- Enable Customize Taskbar option and choose Transparent
- Adjust Taskbar Opacity and click OK
4. Use TranslucentTB from Microsoft store to make the taskbar transparent
This tool is available from the Microsoft store and it helps change the transparency of the taskbar.
- In Microsoft store search bar, type TranslucentTB and click Get > Install> Launch
- Once launched choose the transparency settings as per your wish.
All the above methods will change the taskbar transparency therefore you can choose any of them.
How to change the taskbar colors in Windows 10?
- Right-click on Desktop and choose Personalization
- Click Colors
- Click Choose to colors > Custom. This will instantly change the taskbar color
- Click Choose your default Window mode> Dark
- Click Custom color and use a color picker to select the color of your choice and click Done
- Check Start, taskbar, and action center
Now you can see that the taskbar will be in the custom color of your choice.